- Mar 02 - 31 2024
TimeSaturday - Sunday
- 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Internship and Training in Clinical & Counselling Psychology (50 hours)
☑ This internship will help you understand the basics of clinical psychology through a combination of roleplays, case studies, and experiential insights in our classes.
☑ The primary objective is to equip students with the requisite skills for a career in therapy, emphasizing practical abilities necessary for therapists.
☑ The program will provide an introduction to the journey of becoming a practicing psychotherapist, covering a range of mental health concerns and disorders.
☑ The internship will be taken by trained mental health professionals.
Some of the topics that would be covered in the internships are as follows:
Case History and MSE:
- We will learn about clinical case history taking. Case history is an initial interview which is taken of the patient that helps the clinician move forward with the treatment plan.
- Along with this, we will learn about MSE. A mental status exam (MSE) is done by healthcare professionals to evaluate a patient’s current mental state. The MSE is a structured evaluation that includes a comprehensive assessment of a patient’s psychological functioning, including their cognition, mood, behaviour, and affect.
- Mood disorders refer to a group of mental health conditions characterized by significant changes in a person’s mood, energy, and level of activity.
- These changes can be long-lasting and can cause significant impairment in a person’s ability to function in their daily life. Major mood disorders that we will cover are Major depressive disorder, Bipolar disorder, and Mania.
- Anxiety disorders are a group of mental health conditions characterized by excessive and persistent feelings of worry, fear, or apprehension.
- Anxiety disorders can interfere with a person’s daily life, making it difficult for them to perform everyday tasks, maintain relationships, or pursue their goals and interests.
- Major anxiety disorders we will cover are Panic disorder, Agoraphobia, Specific phobia, generalized anxiety disorder, and Mixed anxiety and depressive disorder.
Substance Use Disorders:
- Understanding addiction: From physiological effects to treatment and recovery. Case studies and discussion on ethical considerations when dealing with substance use disorders.
- Types of sexual dysfunction, including erectile dysfunction and sexual desire disorders. Open dialogue on the intersection of mental health and sexual health, led by experts.