Internship in Clinical Psychology (44 Hours)
This intensive training program has especially been designed for students to gain an in-depth understanding of clinical disorders and get acquainted with different therapeutic approaches that are used based on different schools of thought & psychosocial realities. The series will cover topics such as OCD, Mood disorders, Schizophrenia and Neuro-developmental disorders and further include imperative aspects such as ethics and sensitivity training, Queer Affirmative Therapy and HIV/STD.
- Understanding clinical disorders – The sessions will provide in-depth knowledge about the various clinical disorders that individuals could present with. Using the DSM 5 and ICD 11 as the primary guidelines, the workshop will aid in recognizing, classifying and interpreting mental health disorders.
- Working with diagnostic spectrums – Using the overview of mental health disorders, the series will delve into understanding how clinical practitioners work with individuals who experience different severity of mental health symptoms. This session enables participants to adopt a subjective view of individuals irrespective of the severity of their disorders and promote a healthy counselling relationship by understanding diagnostic spectrums and their relevance in clinical practice.
- Queer Affirmative Therapy – A lens that affirms the queer community and advocates for them. A pinnacle for Karma Centre’s beliefs and missions. There will be an elaborate discussion on gender and sexuality and how we can be queer-affirmative in our practice.
- Role plays: The teaching style will be intensively based on roleplays. We highlight the importance of role plays as they catalyse an understanding of the application of theoretical knowledge, skills and techniques.
- Contemporary Therapies & Their Application (104 hours)
- Feb 04, 2023 - Apr 30, 2023
- 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm